LX Monitor arm mounted on a zero gravity recliner

Re: LX Monitor arm mounted on a zero gravity recliner

Postby TheLandYacht » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:19 pm

Just for the sake of curiosity...why IS there a limiter for downward tilt, but not for upward tilt?
TheLandYacht

Postby TheLandYacht » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Well...your suggestion bought me another...at a guess...5 or 10 degrees of tilt, a step in the right direction.
By the way, those tabs are now made of metal, but a Dremel with a cut-off wheel made quick work of 'em.

While I had the arm "apart", I got a closer look at the joint I was talking about inverting (pic included), and it's not bolted together...looks like you guys used a pretty monstrous rivet, which means if I wanted that loose, I'd have to drill the rivet out & replace it with a bolt...which I still may do, if only to see if that has the desired effect.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
TheLandYacht

Postby steveA » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:05 pm

As to why it is limited, those tabs keep the range of motion in a space where the pivot will handle a full load and operate dependably over a 10,000-cycle life. Without the those tabs, the tilt range increases but the reliability of the tilt diminishes.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Any updates, improvements, advice for zero-g set-up?

Postby Zero-G Junkie » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:31 pm

I've been desperately seeking a monitor and keyboard setup for my zero-g chair. Before I copy your set-up, Merkel, I'd be very grateful to know whether you -- or any others following this post -- have updated/improved/changed your set-up. Or if you have follow-up ideas/recommendations/advice for implementing the solution you have shared.

If you are at all interested, the next paragraph details my need to implement the use of an overhead monitor for use in a zero-gravity chair.

Twenty-five years of working in a zero-gravity chair
Given my degenerative spine condition, I've been working in a zero-gravity chair for 25 years. I first used one of the very first notebook-style computers, the Tandy 100, and have continued to use laptops in the chair. However, cervical and thoracic pain now inhibits use of a laptop, so I've been looking for a solution such as yours. Given that I also sleep in a zero-g chair, I have 3 of them, and they are all Backsaver recliners, which are very similar to the Human Touch chairs you wrote about.

Thank you very, very much Merkel for both your original solution posting, and to all for any additional updates/details you can provide me.
Zero-G Junkie

Previous

Return to Desk Mounts