3 24" on LX arms .. want to introduce a 30"

3 24" on LX arms .. want to introduce a 30"

Postby kevin » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:47 pm

here is my current new setup Image

i have a 30" coming in the mail i want to use with another computer .. i want to somehow keep it above these 24"ers but when i use it somehow bring it in front ..

is this possible w/ this room? should i get an MX mount for it? another LX? .. swap the middle single for a dual? whats the ideal method to do this if i can?

-kvein
kevin

Re: 3 24" on LX arms .. want to introduce a 30"

Postby dcjohnson » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi Kevin,

The MX does not have a reach that would allow it to "somehow keep it above these 24"ers but ... somehow bring it in front ". Also, the stacking LX might be your answer IF the weight and depth of the 30" is OK; recommend using a grommet.

Another option given your screen growth is pictured here. Check out the Ordering Guide p.5
Attachments
DS100 multi-monitors.JPG
dcjohnson

Re: 3 24" on LX arms .. want to introduce a 30"

Postby NIronwolf » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:55 am

This is almost exactly what I would like to do.

Thinking I'll get four of these ASUS VE276Q Black 27" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor over at NewEgg and an EyeFinity6 video card. Lay them out three along the bottom all tied as one screen with the forth floating above.

I'd like to have the bottom row raised up fairly high so I can have maybe 14" clearance under them. Is the pole tall enough in the LX Dual Stacking Arm to accommodate two 27" monitors stacked vertically that high off the desk? Then I would assume I will need two LX Desk Mount LCD Arm for the left and right monitors on the lower row.

Just wanted to get a second look at this plan before spending around $2500 bucks! :)
NIronwolf

Return to Desk Mounts