mx arm having trouble tilting...

mx arm having trouble tilting...

Postby warakawa » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:09 pm

hi
I have an mx arm, I want the monitor to tilt downwards, even after adjusting to the loosest setting, the monitor refuse to tilt downwards.

any hint to how to fix this?
warakawa

Re: mx arm having trouble tilting...

Postby dcjohnson » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:23 am

Is there more weight at the bottom of the monitor than the top? --- Not truly VESA standard compliant if the weight is not centered on the mounting.

You have tried the tilt adjustment, right?
Attachments
MX Tilt adjustment.JPG
dcjohnson

Postby hstun » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:42 am

I actually have a similar question about tilting the mount up and down. I noticed on my arm that if I turn the adjustment screw clockwise, it is easier to tilt the laptop. If I turned the screw to counterclockwise, it took a lot of effort to tilt the laptop. Is the the diagram wrong? It suggests you tilt clockwise to "+"/increase tension, and counterclockwise to "-"/decrease tension.
hstun

Postby steveA » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:50 am

One thing to consider: The MX only has a downward tilt of 5 degrees, which isn't much.

That said, if you're saying you can't get that 5 degrees downward tilt, I would first check the weight of your display. The minimum listed weight for the MX is 14 lbs (6.3 kg). If it's under 14 lbs it could explain the problem you're having. If it's close to that minimum weight, there might be a solution but knowing the display's weight is essential. What is the make and model of your display?
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby dcjohnson » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:07 am

hstun - the clockwise direction for adding force is correct, when looking at the head of the screw from below.
dcjohnson

Postby warakawa » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:29 pm

I have already done that, turning the screw at the bottom to lose up the tilt, however it still return to 0 degree
warakawa

Postby dcjohnson » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:51 am

Call Ergotron's Customer CARE at 800-888-8458 and ask for Tech Support if this is still an issue. We'd be happy to help out.
dcjohnson

Postby warakawa » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:12 pm

if you can't help me here, what can your tech support do on the phone. By the way, I am in Australia.
warakawa

Postby dcjohnson » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:13 am

Maybe the Europe office overlaps into your time requirement. http://www.ergotron.com/Company/Contact/tabid/87/language/en-US/Default.aspx
Attachments
Location Contact Info.JPG
Location Contact Info
dcjohnson

Return to Desk Mounts