MX desk mount

MX desk mount

Postby fellyone » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:13 am

I have just purchased the MX desk mount for my imac 27inch which weighs just below the recommended 30 pounds. Did the installation but it seems like arm can't support the weight and I have tried to tighten the top screw to increase the tension for the lift. Still the imac is sagging (sitting on the desk) and I have to prop a book underneath it.

Is there anyway that I can get some help? Was pretty excited about mounting it but seems like it is not working for me. :|
fellyone

Re: MX desk mount

Postby dcjohnson » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:00 am

Is it the lift that makes it sag or the tilt?

It should work but call us in Tech Support if it doesn't. Customer CARE is 1st tier of Tech Support and should be able to help @ 800-888-8458.
dcjohnson

Postby fellyone » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:48 pm

I got some tips from the local sales support and I have tightened the adjustment top screw as well as the bottom screw further so that now it works :)

Thanks for getting back to me.
fellyone

Postby steveA » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:06 am

That's great. This arm has been tested by Apple itself and it works well with the 27" iMac (Apple sells it in their store). As you found, both adjustment screws need to be ratcheted up when mounting a display near the top of the weight range.

With this iMac, its the top screw controlling the lift arm that especially needs extra adjustment (as opposed to the bottom screw that controls the tilt). Often times users stop turning the screw before they've reached the right tension--it may take a few dozen turns or more. The moral is keep tightening.

If others run into this problem, the way to get easy access to the top adjustment screw is to turn your display completely to the side at the top pivot--this isn't clearly shown in the Installation Manual.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Return to Desk Mounts