Sit-Stand Desk/Column Mount

Sit-Stand Desk/Column Mount

Postby ADragunas » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi Guys,

I just finished building my own combination sit-stand desk (see giant image below) and followed your Workstation Planner as a general guide for setting the heights of the sitting and standing portions. I'm 6'0" so the sitting desk is set to ~27 inches and the standing portion is at ~44 inches. Now my general plan is to have a desktop running down low and a laptop running up above, but my real question is if any of your products could be used/modified so that a single monitor, through a KVM switch, could be used for both the upper and lower desks (ideally placed near those swivel flanges that are holding up the upper desk).

The only product that looks like it might fit the bill would be the LX Sit-Stand Desk Mount Arm. If you think that will work then great! But if not... I was thinking I could attempt to attach a mounting arm directly to the pipes (OD 1 1/4") and find a solution that way. And although the height of the upper and lower desks are now locked, I am open to adding additional mounting hardware onto the desk to improve things.

The slab of wood that the desk is made of is 1 1/2" in case you're wondering.

Thanks!
Andrew
ADragunas

Re: Sit-Stand Desk/Column Mount

Postby ErgoJustin » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:31 am

Hi Andrew,

The LX Sit-Stand arm might be the best option. The monitor specifications would determine which one of the two LX sit-stand arms you would need.

Regular version: 45-360-026
HD version: 45-384-026

There is a 3” difference in height from one to the other. The 45-360 reaches the highest.

Distance from the surface of the desk to the center of the monitor pivot at its highest position.

LX HD sit stand arm 29.65"
LX Sit-Stand arm 32.65"

I hope this helps!
Justin
ErgoJustin

Re: Sit-Stand Desk/Column Mount

Postby Greggo » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:40 am

EregoJustin wrote:Hi Andrew,

The LX Sit-Stand arm might be the best option. The monitor specifications would determine which one of the Metadrol two LX sit-stand arms you would need.

Looks awesome, I've been thinking of making my own desk like this where you can stand with it as well. How has it worked out for you, can we see the finished piece?
Greggo

Return to Desk Mounts