LX Components

LX Components

Postby sjmuller » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Apparently this topic comes up pretty often but I would like to add my request to the list in the hopes that perhaps someday someone in power will take heed. ;-)

It would be really nice if LX arm components were available separately (in addition to the extension arm). My personal situation is that during a move I seem to have lost the wall mount base for my LX arm and was disappointed to discover that it was not possible to purchase a replacement from the manufacturer. I also considered purchasing a desk mount base instead but learned those were not available separately either. I'd also like to add my request for more pole length options and a variety of base mounts (wall, desk, floor, ceiling) available separately to customize set ups. The LX arm seems to be your most popular system currently and I think a few modular components would be extremely popular.

The consumer demand is there, we're just waiting for the supply...
sjmuller

Re: LX Components

Postby steveA » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Your plea is being forwarded. You're right that the LX is a very popular system, and I'd think there would be enough demand for at least some of the options you noted.

Thanks much.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby lost » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:33 am

I'll second this!
lost

Postby sjmuller » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Still hoping for an official solution to this someday, but in the meantime I've discovered an inexpensive substitute for the factory base mounts and poles.

Nominal 1" schedule 40 steel pipe (available at Home Depot or other hardware store) is 1-5/16" (33.5 mm) in diameter, the LX pole is 1-3/8" (35 mm) in diameter. Just a few turns of clear packing tape around the steel pipe brings it up to the correct diameter. Steel pipe is very inexpensive, and is available in lengths up to 21 feet and there are numerous threaded fittings available. I made a simple wall base mount out of a 4" length of 1" steel pipe with a street elbow and a flange. Total cost at Home Depot was $15. It's rock solid (the pipe walls are even thicker than the LX tubing) and easily supports the weight of my LX arm with a 23" display at full extension.

I hope this information helps anyone else who has been searching for alternative mounting solutions for the LX arm. These pipes and fittings could conceivably be used to create nearly any configuration of base mount you could imagine.

sjmuller

Postby aolney » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:34 pm

I can provisionally report that this works using the standard desk mount and arm attachment with a 12 inch pipe.

Clear packaging tape was used to bulk up the ends contacting the mount/arm attachment.

here are some photos

https://plus.google.com/photos/11598894 ... 2239055249
aolney

Postby philincalifornia » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:01 am

I "third" this request. I have a total of 3 Ergotron desk mounts, 1 MX, a standard LX and a stacked LX. My goal is to put together something that can manage four monitors in this configuration:

http://www.geforce.com/Active/en_US/shared/images/articles/nvidia-surround-on-the-geforce-gtx-680/GTX680-Surround-AccessoryDisplay-Skyrim.png

However, the pole in the double LX is too short to allow for the 4th monitor to be mounted above the three surround monitors while keeping them at optimum "eye level"

Thanks!
philincalifornia

Postby radoslaw » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:17 pm

This is an old thread but I found it when looking for an option to buy the pole collar (ring) only. Is that possible to buy this ring separately or if not how/where to source it from?
Thanks
radoslaw

Postby wmldwilly » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:46 am

This is indeed an old thread, but probably the most popular thread.

I've lost a number of the collars from a number of LX desk mount arms. I'm growing sort of desperate to purchase them separately and just plain can't find them. I've seen the entire kit for over $130.00 that includes an extension arm, a mounting arm, a collar and a few other bits, but I just need the collar. I mistakenly purchased a bag of 5 "LX Pole Colars", which turned out to be the collars for the larger sized stand pipe like found in the DS100 kit and such.

There must be a way to purchase this collar separately as a replacement. Can anyone point me in the right direction? In the attached image, the collar on the LEFT is the larger "LX Pole Collar" which is for the 1 1/2" larger upright pipe models, and the collar on the RIGHT is the smaller for the 1 3/8" upright pipe models in the desk mount products.

...as a side note, it's pretty confusing to sell an "LX Pole Collar" that is too large to fit on the "pole" of your "LX" arm system. It would be nice if Ergotron would clean that up in the market place, but that's just my opinion.

Any help or pointers appreciated. I can't use about 6 arm systems thanks to losing a baggie of collars in a move.

TIA!
wmldwilly

Return to Desk Mounts