MX Bottom Hinge too tight

MX Bottom Hinge too tight

Postby bennyp » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:58 am

Hello!
I bought an MX desk mount for my 27" Retina iMac. When moving the display sideways or backwards, the bottom hinge on the mount is quite stiff. This causes me to place a lot of pressure on the screen/mount system, sometimes to the point that the clamp begins to rotate instead of the mount's bottom hinge. What can I do to remedy the situation?
bennyp

Re: MX Bottom Hinge too tight

Postby ErgoJustin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:36 am

Hi bennyp,

Depending on what adjustment is needed (up/down - lift, or forward/backward - tilt), you would need to make an adjustment to lift strength or friction as seen here. Keep in mind, you might have to turn it quite a bit.

MX Adjust.PNG

I hope this helps!
Justin
ErgoJustin

Postby bennyp » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi Justin thanks for writing back.
In the illustration, two joints are dealt with. The middle joint is adjusted in the top diagram, and the rightmost joint is adjusted in the bottom diagram. My issue is with a different joint, the joint which is closest to the clamp, the one shown on the far left of the diagram. This is the joint which I feel is too tight. Is it possible to adjust? Should I resort to using WD40?

Best,
B
bennyp

Postby Romfor » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:07 pm

ErgoJustin wrote:Hi bennyp,

Depending on what adjustment is needed (up/down - lift, or forward/backward - tilt), you would need to make an adjustment to lift strength or friction as seen here. Keep in mind does phen375 work, you might have to turn it quite a bit.

MX Adjust.PNG

I hope this helps!
Justin

your illustration really helps. my problem resolve and i now understand and more appreciated my MX desk mount. thanks!
Romfor

Return to Desk Mounts