WorkFit-S Dual Workstation Highest Setting

WorkFit-S Dual Workstation Highest Setting

Postby kulugo04 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:34 am

Hi,

On my day off my WorkFit-S Dual Sit-Stand Workstation was installed by a contractor, but unfortunately it was not high enough. I am 5'7" not too tall but it looks like there is something blocking it from going much higher. I read the instructions in installing and watching the video how to adjust the tension but I did not find any useful to adjust the height. I see product pictures that is set up much higher than what I have. I'm attaching a picture for someone to see. I hope someone can help me in regards to this problem.

Thank you so much in advance.
Attachments
egotron.JPG
kulugo04

Re: WorkFit-S Dual Workstation Highest Setting

Postby bloopyblop » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:32 pm

So, I know this might sounds stupid, but just keep pushing it higher.

I came to this forum looking for an answer to the same exact problem as I am 6'2" and my workstation was way too low. I was watching your post hoping for a reply until I talked to one of my coworkers. They had called somebody at Ergotron that told them that something can get out of whack (don't ask me what).

Mine was only raising and lowering about 12" and would "thud" when I was getting to what I thought was the top limit which is the exact height it looks like yours is in the photo. My coworker showed me that if I was to slide it up and them put both hands under the workstation and keep pushing it up firmly it went up another 10" or so. It was fairly difficult to do and I would definitely make sure that you have it clamped to the desk really tightly, but now it is high enough that my elbows are at a 90 degree angle. Once I got it to get to that max height it now slides all the way to the top before it "thuds" telling me that it has reached its limit. It also slides down much lower than before , so far that the keyboard tray is actually below the height of my desk!

And to think, I had been dealing with a workstation that was too low for 4 months and all I had to do was firmly push it higher.

I've attached a photo of the height mine is now at. Hope that helps!
Attachments
IMG_1480.JPG
bloopyblop

Postby kulugo04 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:01 pm

Wow!!! This actually worked! You were actually 100% right when you said its "fairly difficult". Before I did what you suggested I told a few of my colleagues here and they all said "weird but it won't hurt if you try". But to our surprise it did fix it, I'm attaching an after picture here.

I don't think anybody would think this is the fix but man it actually did work. And like what you said it did lower the keyboard tray all the way down, lower than it used to before.

I also had it for over 2 months and I just noticed it was not high or lower enough for me :).

Thank you so much, I owe you a beer!
Attachments
ergotron2.JPG
kulugo04

Postby ErgoJustin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:08 am

Thanks for assisting kulugo04, bloopyblop! :) I'm glad to hear that between you guys and our tech support team, everyone has been taken care of and is set to go!

Best regards,
Justin
ErgoJustin

Postby emobotron » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:37 pm

Holy smokes this really makes a difference! Thanks so much for posting this!

I wonder what's going on? I've had this for about 1/2 a year and I noticed things weren't fitting right? Any ideas why this is happening?
emobotron

Postby chadfrederic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:12 am

kulugo04 wrote:Wow!!! This actually worked! You were actually 100% right when you said its "fairly difficult". Before I did what you suggested I told a few of my colleagues here and they all said "weird but it won't hurt if you try". But to our surprise it did fix it, I'm attaching an after picture here.

I don't think anybody would think this is the fix but man it actually did work. And like what you said it did lower the keyboard tray all the way down, lower than it used to before.

I also had it for over 2 months and I just noticed it was not high or lower enough for me :).

Thank you so much, I owe you a beer!

Awesome post! Thanks a lot for posting this and helping other fellow members about it.

Keep on doing a great job! Appreciate your time & help.

Thx!
chadfrederic

Return to Desk Mounts