Workfit-S, Dual; won't go down all the way

Workfit-S, Dual; won't go down all the way

Postby tfraser95 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:33 am

Love the product, but when I sit down, the unit (and keyboard holder) will not go down fully to the correct level when seated. I have looked at the videos and the manual, no tips that I can see that help me. I know the unit should go down all the way, but mine stops about 8 inches from the seated position. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
tfraser95

Re: Workfit-S, Dual; won't go down all the way

Postby steveA » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:58 am

Quoting my colleague dcjohnson: This reduction of travel is the result of the slides "locking." They can be "reset" to normal by forcing the lift all the way down. Give it a good hard push!

Here's another thread on the same topic: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=284
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby ErgoDan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:35 pm

This travel range reduction is, in my experience, a common issue with the Workfit-S.
Has the Ergotron engineering team found a way to fix the root cause so it will not happen?

My company ergo team (a fortune 100 company) has decided to discourage/or block purchase of these units, as the action of resetting the range is an awkward high force exertion and could cause or aggravate back pain. --- Please fix it and let the world know you have.

Thanks!
ErgoDan

Postby steveA » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:31 am

Thank you for the feedback. It is being forwarded to the Product Manager. While the reset action is fairly simple, it does require a certain amount of force so your point is taken. I hope this can be addressed in future iterations of the product.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby jwp » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:15 am

i have had this problem with it not going up or down all of the way. so i took it off from the work surface, put it on its back and it re set it. it now goes up and down all of the way.
jwp

Return to Desk Mounts