How to Adjusting the Rotations for the Monitor

How to Adjusting the Rotations for the Monitor

Postby acidsoup » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:01 pm

Hello,

I own two LX Ergotron desk mounting arms and I’m trying to figure out how to adjust (increase) the force of the screen rotation? My main monitor is a 24” Samsung P2450(12.3 lbs) and when I grab the screen to move it around on my desk it rotates very easily and it’s annoying because I have to adjust it each time so it's level again.

On my second monitor is a 20” Samsung 206BW (11.7 lbs) monitor and it’s has a good amount of tension. I can grab this monitor and move it around on my desk without having to adjust the rotations on the screen to make the orientation back to a level position.

Based off the Adjustment section of the manual it looks like you increase/decrease the tension by turning the 4mm screw just under the arms where it attaches to the screen. Is this the correct screw to increase/decrease the screen rotation tension?

How do I adjust the rotation to increase the tension? Is it normal for this screw to be extremely difficult to turn?

Acidsoup

Here is a photo of my home setup. The photo quality is poor but it gives you the basic idea.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
acidsoup

Re: How to Adjusting the Rotations for the Monitor

Postby dcjohnson » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:16 am

Hi,

check out p.4 of 10 to "lock" you portrait/landscape adjustment; link below.

this should help.

http://www.ergotron.com/Portals/0/tp/G/LX/888-45-040-W.pdf
dcjohnson

Postby acidsoup » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Thanks dcjohnson for the quick reply. I've followed your direction and that has improvement the rotation problem.

What type of lubrication should be used with these arms? I noticed some wearing on the rotating joints when I was locking the monitor into landscape.
acidsoup

Postby dcjohnson » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:48 am

No lubrication is required. The LX is warranteed for 5 years so if wear becomes a functionality issue, call Customer Care.
dcjohnson

Return to Desk Mounts