Raising/lowering height?

Raising/lowering height?

Postby transc » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:38 am

Hey there!
Just got my Neo-Flex® Dual LCD Lift Stand yesterday. Mounted up my monitors and stuff is working out nicely, i must say its a cool stand :)

Ive got a problem though. My monitors are too high at the moment, i dont like it this way. In the instructions manual it says i should spin clockwise or counterclockwise in order to "tighten or fasten". Right, so i try to spin that stuff around to "tighten or fasten". The monitors are not moving down. Am i supposed to spin around for ages before something happens? I could, but i dont know if im supposed to spin clockwise or counterclockwise.

Or do i need to first manually push the monitors down with my hands, hold it in place and then tighten it? I tried, but nothing happens. Please help me out, i dont know how to lower these monitors.

Thanks for a fine product!
transc

Re: Raising/lowering height?

Postby steveA » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:34 am

Glad you like the stand!

In response to "Am i supposed to spin around for ages before something happens?", the answer is basically yes. It can take many turns (like 3 dozen or so in some circumstances) to properly adjust the tension of the lift engine. You do not need to hold the monitors down. It sounds like you want to loosen the tension, so turn the adjustment screw to the left or counterclockwise. When you reach the right tension, you should be able to lift and lower your monitors through the 5" height range with just a light push of your hand.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby transc » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:36 am

Whoa, it works! Awesome! Thanks alot bro :D
transc

Postby tammyo » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:03 pm

SteveA: I am having the same issue. I am able to adjust the tension to loosen it (even counted out over 3 dozen turns), but not enough that I can lower the monitors and it doesn't pop back up to the highest height. Is there any trick to this or any way I can lock the monitors at the height I want?
tammyo

Postby steveA » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:08 am

Tammyo, before I answer, can you tell me the make and model of the displays you are attaching?
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby Bmcpherson » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi Steve - I just bought an LX Desk mount LCD arm for my Dell 2407 WFP - installation was great but the monitor sinks down to the desk height - I need to put something under it to prop it up to the proper height, which kind of defeats the purpose. The monitor only weighs 14.3 lbs so I bought this stand thinking it would be stout enough. Is there a way to increase the tension so I can raise the panel a little higher? If not I'm kind of bummed. Thanks in advance. brian
Bmcpherson

Postby steveA » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:57 am

Brian,
Your Dell 2407 WFP should work. It sounds like you need to adjust the tension in the arm by tightening its adjustment screw clockwise. Use a 4 mm Allen wrench (one should have been included in the package) and find the screw, which is hidden in the arm where it meets the pivot assembly. See the attached image. To access the screw, you'll need to raise the arm to its upper position.

Here is the manual for your review: http://www.ergotron.com/Portals/0/tp/G/ ... -040-W.pdf. Instructions to adjust the arm can be found on page 8 (to adjust tension of the pivot's up/down tilt, also see pg 8).

Let me know if that fixes it or if you continue to have problems.
Attachments
LXadjustment.jpg
LXadjustment.jpg (33.2 KiB) Viewed 10976 times
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby Bmcpherson » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:07 pm

Perfect! Thanks so much!
Bmcpherson

Postby pmanziano » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:58 am

Hi, Similar issue here and I have the Workfit-S-Dual Monitor standard.
So I have turned the large screw/bolt many times and at last noticed at least some change. But it's only loosened the tension greatly.
I ultimately want to raise monitor height.
So far, it doesn't let me go any higher, just the tension loosening.
Any other tips for me? Or just keep turning that screw/bolt a lot more?

Thank you,
Phyllis
pmanziano

Postby pmanziano » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:07 am

Actually that didn't work for me at all.
I get all the way to the end of loosing the screw/bolt at top in back.

Please advise how to adjust height up higher on the Workfit-S dual monitor stand.

Is my only option in-screwing the 4 allen wrench type screws from the horizontal arm holder itself and lifting that up/then put the screws back in?
(hope not)
Thank you.
pmanziano

Next

Return to Desk Mounts