Workfit-A doesn't stay up

Workfit-A doesn't stay up

Postby racheljcox » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:23 am

My coworker had this workstation before me, and she said it immediately stopped staying up. Now she just has to sit at her desk and she might as well not have a workstation at all.

I got the same workstation and I just stand up every day. I try not to move the platform at all because I don't want it to break.

I don't understand how something so expensive is so FAULTY!

I was sick for a few days and i had to sit at my desk with the platform lowered, now when I try to put it back up it won't go to the top. It remains halfway up. I am hunch down over my keyboard trying to semi-stand up. Is there a way to lock it back up? Clearly this is not a good product if it happened to both my coworker and myself.
racheljcox

Re: Workfit-A doesn't stay up

Postby ErgoAdam » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:47 pm

Sounds like it just needs an adjustment, which is typical, due to the wide range of weight among different monitor and keyboard combinations. Here's the relevant page from the instruction manual.
WorkFitA_adj.PNG

Please note that depending on the total weight supported by the arm, it may take many turns of the adjustment bolt. Some people use a socket adapter on a power drill to speed up the process.

Let us know if you have any other questions!
-Adam
Adam Best
Social Media Manager
Ergotron

Follow us for the latest news: http://www.ergotron.com/tabid/801/language/en-US/default.aspx
ErgoAdam
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Return to Desk Mounts