LX tilt sideways?

LX tilt sideways?

Postby flworius » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi.

I have bought a LX and the manual doesn't say anything about the joint right behind the VESA mount which allows you to tilt the monitor left and right while the rest of the arm should stay in place.It shows a screw which loosens or tighten up the joint on the same part for tilting up and down, but nothing about the other one.Is there supposed to be a screw? It is very hard for me to move this joint and I always have to reach behind the monitor and grab the upper arm and hold it while tilting the screen left or right to get any movement in it - and even then its kinda hard to do so. Annoying and takes away from the flexibility.Otherwise, I'm quite happy with the Product.Any help welcome.
flworius

Re: LX tilt sideways?

Postby flworius » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:44 pm

ergotron-lx-dual-tischhalterung-4.jpg
to specify
flworius

Re: LX tilt sideways?

Postby ErgoAdam » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:12 pm

Howdy.

This is actually an issue on my LX holding my MacBook Pro here at work. :lol:

So I asked our Customer Care team if they had any tips. Here's what they said:

For that joint, we do not have an adjustment, but after a few times of rocking it back and forth it would get easier to move, same thing with the tilting (the 3rd picture with the 70 & 5 degree angles), what we’ve seen is that just comes very tight from factory (it might be the paint that sticks to pieces together), so it takes a few times to push them back and forth to make it easier to move on those 2 directions.

So give that a try, and let us know how it turns out!
-Adam
Adam Best
Social Media Manager
Ergotron

Follow us for the latest news: http://www.ergotron.com/tabid/801/language/en-US/default.aspx
ErgoAdam
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Return to Desk Mounts