LX table clamp on table with front panel, will it fit?

LX table clamp on table with front panel, will it fit?

Postby Cybolic » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm ready to purchase the LX Desk Monitor Arm (Tall Pole version), but I'm a bit worried that the clamp might not fit my table. The table I'm using is a 60 years old hard wood one, so it's not something I want to drill through and it unfortunately has a "panel" in the back which might obstruct the clamp. It looks like it'll just about fit, but without the precise measurements of the screw head and the two screws on the clamp, it's difficult to say for sure.

Can anyone tell me whether this'll fit? The "panel" is 78mm (78.5 possibly) tall and 11mm deep and the table itself is 19mm thick, as shown here overlaid the illustration from the product page (scaled to the given measurements and with the two clamp screws estimated):

Cybolic

Re: LX table clamp on table with front panel, will it fit?

Postby Cybolic » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Provided that the illustration is somewhat accurate, it looks as if I can fit it by putting the clamp in its lowest/largest position and adding a bit of extra wood underneath the desk to bring the desk width up to "37 - 60mm".
Can anyone from Ergotron confirm that the clearance between the movable piece in its lowest position and the top of the clasp is > 78mm?

Cybolic

Postby ErgoAdam » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi, there!

With the clamp at the lowest position, you would have approximately only 73 mm of clearance.

You might be able to flip the bracket (as in the picture attached), but we haven’t tested it yet, so we do not know how it would perform or if the weight capacity will need to be lowered. I think if the monitor is light enough (let’s say under 12 Lbs.) you won't have a problem.

Hope that helps,
Adam
Attachments
flipped bracket.jpg
Adam Best
Social Media Manager
Ergotron

Follow us for the latest news: http://www.ergotron.com/tabid/801/language/en-US/default.aspx
ErgoAdam
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby Cybolic » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:16 pm

My monitor is an Asus PG348Q, so that's 17lbs / 7.7 kg; does this mean I should abandon the idea?
Cybolic

Postby ErgoAdam » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:56 am

Probably, yes. I don't think you'd enjoy the experience with a monitor that heavy.
-Adam
Adam Best
Social Media Manager
Ergotron

Follow us for the latest news: http://www.ergotron.com/tabid/801/language/en-US/default.aspx
ErgoAdam
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby Cybolic » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:33 pm

Ah, a shame. Thank you for the help though, it's very appreciated! Also lovely to see a representative that's not afraid to say "don't buy it"; that alone is enough to make sure I will buy one of your products eventually even though it's not a great fit right now.
Cybolic

Postby ErgoAdam » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:44 am

Aw, thanks!
Yeah, I've never been a fan of lying to a customer for temporary profit; I'd rather make the long-term investment through trust. :-)
-Adam
Adam Best
Social Media Manager
Ergotron

ErgoAdam
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Return to Desk Mounts