Monitor to light to tilt down

Monitor to light to tilt down

Postby jebcpa » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:41 am

I mounted a ViewSonic 2406m-LED monitor to the MX Wall Mount LCD Arm. I have I have adjusted the tension set screw as far as it can go counter clockwise (less tension) but the monitor will not stay down at the five degree tilt. It just pops back up. This is the position I want the monitor permenantly so any help will be appreciated.

I love the arm. It fits my office/interview room to a tee. I use this monitor in the traditional way and I ocasionally want to swing it to show my customers sitting across the table from me a view of their tax return. If removing the tilt spring is possible, please tell me how to do it.
jebcpa

Re: Monitor to light to tilt down

Postby steveA » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:02 am

As far as I know, it's not possible to remove the spring. Your display weighs 7.7 lbs and the minimum weight requirement of the MX is 14 lbs, so you're not even close. That arm is made to handle heavier displays only. You need an LX or a 200 Series arm for that Viewsonic, or figure out some way to add another 6+ lbs to the end of the arm.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Re: Monitor to light to tilt down

Postby fluffycloud » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:40 am

Dear Ergotron,

I am a fan of your products, this is the 3rd MX LCD Wall Mount arm (45-228-026) I've bought. I am well pleased with the other two, but now I've got a new monitor that only weighs 10lbs. I've managed to loosen the height adjustment so it doesn't pop up anymore, so that's good. I cannot loosen the tilt adjustment far enough I think it's run off the end of the screw at this point, and while it doesn't point at the sky, it does slide upwards 5-10 degrees. I'd prefer it pointing downwards some, as it tends to live hovering over my laptop.

If anyone can advise on modifying the spring or adding some sort of vesa-adapter plate or something to make the monitor appear heavier, I'd appreciate it. I tried a google search for monitor weights (things to weigh your monitors down with), but it only gives me results for weight moinitors (things to record *your* weight). I need about 5 pounds to make this work I think.

Thanks,

-Fluffy
fluffycloud

Return to Wall Mounts