Ergotron LX and Dell U2414h Monitor

Ergotron LX and Dell U2414h Monitor

Postby aeruginosus5 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:26 am

Good afternoon everybody,

as I am interested in purchasing up to two Ergotron LX wall mounted arms for my planned new multi monitor setup, please let me ask you the following questions:

- Am I right in thinking, that this arm is suitable for carrying a Dell U2414h display?
- The minimal distance from the wall to the display mount would be ~10 cm? Thus, distance from the front of the display to the wall is ~10 cm plus display depth?
- If I obtain two of these arms and install them beside each other, will they interfere?

Considering to maybe chose a ASUS PB278Q instead of the Dell stuff, would the LX handle that without compromise?

...And a bit off topic... 1 x ASUS PB278Q with 2560x1440 or 2 x 24 inch 1920x1080? :) ...

Thanks a lot and have a nice day,
aeruginosus5
aeruginosus5

Re: Ergotron LX and Dell U2414h Monitor

Postby steveA » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:09 am

Either the Dell U2414h or the ASUS PB278Q will work flawlessly with the LX Wall Mount Arm (45-243-026). Yes, you're correct that the minimum profile would be 10 cm plus the depth of the monitor, so almost 15 cm with the Dell. Installing them side by side shouldn't cause interference, though of course it depends exactly how/where you want the screens to align within the arms' range of motion.

If you go with the Dell, here's an alternative configuration to consider: One LX Sit-Stand Wall Mount Arm (45-353-026) combined with a Dual Monitor Kit (97-783). So both monitors attached to a single arm. You'd lose some flexibility but gain easy single-motion adjustment. (This configuration wouldn't work with the ASUS--use your initial idea if you go with 27" screens.)
Attachments
97-783-lx_lg.jpg
Alternate configuration: LX S-S Arm with Dual Kit
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby aeruginosus5 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:46 am

Hi Steve,

thank you very much for your reply.
Above stated option with the dual arm wouldn't allow pivot, would it?

Thanks again and keep up the good work,
aeruginosus5
aeruginosus5

Postby steveA » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:01 am

The above option using a single arm (45-253-026) with the dual kit (97-783) would allow both monitors to tilt in tandem, but you're correct that the monitors could not tilt independently of each other.

Thanks and good luck with your installation. Let us know how it works out if you go forward.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby mlorince » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:18 am

I have the same dell u2414h monitors but i'm running 6 displays on a 3x2 setup.

My middle monitors are on fixed mounts but i need 4 outside arms with a full range of motion to get a seamless alignment and a good viewing angle on my corner monitors.

Would this be the best pick as far as the ergotron options? If so what is the recommended wall distance for optimal movement as my middle two monitors are only 6 inches or so from the wall?

also would these mounts interfere with each others range of motion? Thank you.

I've attached a picture if will help with a better visual.

mlorince

Postby steveA » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:23 pm

LX monitor arms are an excellent choice for this monitor, and the 6-inch restriction in the back should not be a problem with the solutions outlined below.

You have a few options:

1) You could use four LX Wall Mount Arms (45-243-026) and attach them to the wall behind the desk. Optionally, you could combine them with two Wall Tracks (31-017-182) that would act as an interface between the wall and arms—with the tracks, you'd increase support, be able to forgo installing to studs in the wall, change the base-height of each arm fairly easily, and assure the bases are precisely aligned one above the other. A track would be installed on either side of the center monitors. Without the track, you'd just need to install each arm to suitable wall studs.

2) You could also go with desk mount arms: the most cost-effective solution would be two LX Dual Stacking Arms (45-248-026). The only caveat with this solution would be that you'd need to lower your fixed-height, center monitors down a little. You'd have a clearance of maybe 3 inches or so between the bottom of the lower displays and your desktop. The pole isn't tall enough to get the monitors on top as high as your photo shows currently.

3) To get the screens higher (to their current position or even farther up), you could go with our LX Sit-Stand Desk Mount Arms. You'd want to place two arms on a single base on either side of the center screens. The most cost-effective way of doing this would be purchase two Sit-Stand Desk Mount Arms (45-360-026) and then two Sit-Stand Wall Mount Arms (45-353-026); add the two wall-mount arms to the desk-mount bases, leaving the wall-mount bases unused.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions. Regardless, let us know what you decide to do.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby mlorince » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:51 am

I am unable to desk mount as you can see from the picture my desk is tempered glass.
mlorince

Return to Wall Mounts