Help to identify Ergotron LX wall mount parts

Help to identify Ergotron LX wall mount parts

Postby igs » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. An Ergotron LX wall mount (45-243-026), which was bought second-hand, arrived with the following parts which I have not been able to identify. Can anyone shed any light on what these parts are, or even if they properly belong with the mount? I've tried to add picture attachments, so I hope they work.

Item 1: Upon unpacking the arm which has the VESA mount attached, a small metal piece which is approximately 10mm square, curved in one axis and with a small dimple in the centre, fell out of the packaging. It is attracted by a magnet, though not strongly so. I could not identify it by examination of another similar mount. Does it belong to the mount or is it a foreign body from elsewhere?

Item 2: 4 off hard black plastic discs, roughly 30mm in diameter with a ribbed conical section and an outer lip. These appear to have a part or moulding number MAZ633083 embossed on the rim. 4 of these were found with the screws and wall plugs in a bag labelled "BOP, LX2, WOODSCREW AND ANCHOR 697-360-00". A similar LX wall mount purchased new did not have these discs, and the instruction sheet does not appear to reference them. Does anyone know what they are?

Finally, is it possible to purchase the plastics for the wall bracket (specifically the lower plastic cover) as a spare part? I'm in the UK, if it makes a difference.

Many thanks.
Attachments
Item 2.jpg
Unidentified item 1
Item_1_Bottom.jpg
Unidentified item 2 - bottom view
Item_1_top.jpg
Unidentified item 2 - top view
igs

Re: Help to identify Ergotron LX wall mount parts

Postby ErgoJustin » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:28 am

Hello igs,

Upon seeing these pictures of the "mystery parts" for your Ergotron LX, it appears that none of these are included components of the Ergotron LX, meaning they did not come with the LX mount. As for the spare part question, unfortunately, you would be unable to just buy the cover or spare parts.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist.

Best regards,
Justin
ErgoJustin

Postby igs » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:06 pm

Many thanks, Justin - it's reassuring to have confirmation from you that I don't need these parts. Thanks for your prompt reply.
igs

Postby ErgoJustin » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:28 pm

Hello again igs,

You're very welcome. As long as you have all the parts included in the LX wall mount arm, notated in its installation manual, you should be fine & cause you no issues.

All the best,
Justin
ErgoJustin

Return to Wall Mounts