LX Sit-Stand Wall Mount Keyboard Arm question

LX Sit-Stand Wall Mount Keyboard Arm question

Postby willismorse » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:07 pm

I'm interested in using this wall mount arm, but I'm curious about the difference between this and the LX Sit-Stand Wall Mount Monitor Arm, especially given the $100 price difference.

I don't think the keyboard tray is quite wide enough, and the mouse tray is definitely way too small. So I'll probably end up fabricating and attaching my own keyboard/mouse platform. If I'm making my own platform anyway, it seems like it would make more sense to get the LX Sit-Stand Wall Mount Monitor Arm and attach my keyboard platform using some VESA hack.

What do I give up if I do this? Range of motion? Stability as a typing platform?
willismorse

Re: LX Sit-Stand Wall Mount Keyboard Arm question

Postby steveA » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:03 am

You won't lose range of motion but I would worry about stability. The monitor arm provides rotation motion to turn your screen from landscape to portrait, and of course we've made that adjustment easy to do. There is no lock-out of that motion so when typing, you'd likely be dealing with your tray tipping from side to side. There is a four-hole (non-VESA) interface on the keyboard arm--that's what you'll need to use.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby willismorse » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Thanks Steve, I hadn't considered the rotation.

How tough will it be to replace the keyboard tray?
willismorse

Postby steveA » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:34 pm

It should be pretty easy. Out of the box, the arm and keyboard tray are not attached--one needs to attach the tray to the arm using four M4x8mm screws (included, of course).
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby hasseb432 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:19 pm

Hi,

I need a wallmount for my Del U2713HM and I was wondering whether I should get the MX or the LX arm? Is there any difference in quality or anything other than the MX supposedly being more 'sturdy'(handling heavier monitors)?

Something in my makes me like the look of the MX more, even though the LX should handle the U2713HM, at least weight wise.

My desk is only 57cm deep so the reach is good on either.

Return to Wall Mounts