How to freeze the position of the LX arm?

How to freeze the position of the LX arm?

Postby Valeureux » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi,

I just mounted a 23" LCD TV on my LX arm, replacing a lighter weight monitor that I had there before. The arm is comprised of three units. I am finding that the TV weighs down the arm and it won't stay fast in the higher position that I want it in - it keeps dropping down to an angle that doesn't work for watching the TV. Is there anything that I can adjust on the arm that will fix the TV at the height and angle that I want it to stay at?
Valeureux

Re: How to freeze the position of the LX arm?

Postby steveA » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Since your new TV is a different weight than your old monitor, you need to change the tension of the arm's height-adjustment mechanism and its pivot. Your description suggests that the 23" TV is heavier, so the tension needs to increase, which is done by rotating adjustment screws clockwise with a 4mm Allen wrench (it may take many rotations to get the right tension--up to two dozen rotations or more). See page section 6 on page 10 of the manual for instructions.

This assumes that your new TV is not over the maximum weight capacity for the LX arm, which is 20 lbs/9.1 kg. If you share the make/model of your TV, I can verify.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Return to Wall Mounts