Help with 'Ready-On' button for Model# SV41-41021

Help with 'Ready-On' button for Model# SV41-41021

Postby dphnet » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:56 pm

I've been unable to setup the “Ethernet Ready-On” button for an Ergotron SytleView EMR Cart (model# SV41-41021).

I know for sure the problem is not with the PC we are using, because I strictly followed the BIOS Set-Up Guidelines and Ethernet Ready-On Set-Up Instructions. Also, the PC we are using is able to be WOL via command prompt, so I know the WOL settings are fine.

I’ve also replaced the included USB ‘A to B’ cable & Ethernet Crossover cable, without a resolution to our problem.

Strangely, we were able to set the ‘Ready-On’ button once, before the switch started exhibiting the problems listed below:

When the battery unit’s ‘power switch’ is moved from off to on, the red LED light on the switch flashes once & the Ethernet jack shows a flashing green light signaling power. However the Ethernet jack is only illuminated for approximately 2-3 seconds, before going off completely. Also, there is no active green light on the PC’s network jack indicating a connection to the switch.

And after booting up the PC to set the MAC address, holding the ‘Ready-On’ button for 15 seconds & releasing doesn’t cause the “network cable is unplugged” message to appear.
Nor is the PC able to WOL via the ‘Ready-On’ button.

Any suggestions?
dphnet

Re: Help with 'Ready-On' button for Model# SV41-41021

Postby dcjohnson » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:22 am

After the initial process of holding down the RO or Ready On button to obtain the MAC address from your NIC card ... you must only press the RO button for 1 second or moment. You will see the RO controllers Ethernet jack initiate the magic packet and you should see your PC Ethernet jack communicating too.

If you do not see your Ethernet jack communicating WOL is not set up correctly OR it's possible that your PC needs a driver update; this has happened on some "Elite" Lenovo PCs.

Additionally, you may want to utilize Wake on AC. If you BIOS supports this it is a good option too.

If you continue to have troubles call 800-888-8458 and ask for Tech Support help.
dcjohnson

Postby dphnet » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:41 am

OK, I have solved the problem. When I removed the circuit board from the mount, I discovered that the cable from the 'Ready-On' button was loose. The green wire leading to the white connector was barely inserted, causing intermittent connection issues. The red wire was properly inserted.

I was able to re-insert the green cable & successfully setup the 'Ready-On' button.

Can you recommend any way to secure the cables from detaching themselves in the future?

dphnet

Postby dcjohnson » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:05 am

Call 800-888-8458 and ask for me/Dan Johnson. I have assigned Service Request:191710 to this incident and can replace the RO cable assembly. If you cannot reach me immediately refer to the Service Request # and provide us your shipping and contact information or leave me a message with your call back number or email address and I will get back to you promptly.

Your pictures and descriptions are outstanding. I will be forwarding them to our QA today.
dcjohnson

Return to Carts