MDF chipboard desk w Ergotron Neo-Flex 45-235-194 arm

MDF chipboard desk w Ergotron Neo-Flex 45-235-194 arm

Postby Canvas99 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:20 pm

I purchased the Ergotron Neo-Flex Extend LCD Monitor Arm 45-235-194 screw hole version in silver and bought from Ebay a MDF chipboard black corner desk That does have metal frame holding the top desk area and the edge is 25mm deep. I'm using the longest of the 2 desks for My workspace, as I need a 2nd desk monitor for menus. The length of the desk is 1050mm wide x 550mm deep

Ebay description

Office Computer Desk New Home Office Study Furniture Corner Desktop Table D08
more colour black white darkwalnut & beech

The large corner desk is made from high quality MDF and steel leg, and it comes with a smooth pull out keyboard shelf and stand for computer host, ideal for home / office use, in order to ultimate your space, you can simple put the desk at corner.

Do I need to reinforce the surface with plywood underneath the desk?.the 19" monitor and Ergotron arm
Weighs in at 7.2kg (15 pounds). Bearing in mind I'm using a Huion 19" drawing LCD cintiq type tablet that rotates 90 degrees
There will be a lot of movement involved with rotation.I was hoping for some advice as I can't afford a £350 solid wood desk for my home. Any ideas as to what size plywood will be required, length, size etc..thank you.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
I'm using the longer surface NOT the keyboard desk
Canvas99

Re: MDF chipboard desk w Ergotron Neo-Flex 45-235-194 arm

Postby steveA » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:59 am

It sounds like it should work fine if you're using the grommet mount (aka screw hole) method of attaching the arm. However, Ergotron doesn't guarantee this sort thing because surface strength/capacity is really a question for the manufacturer of the desk.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Re: MDF chipboard desk w Ergotron Neo-Flex 45-235-194 arm

Postby mariareese » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:07 am

well designed desk, I would like to buy this for me. :D
mariareese

Return to Workstations