Workfit- S won't go all the way down

Workfit- S won't go all the way down

Postby beornide » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi, I am extremely happy with my Workfit-S but for some reason it has stopped going all the way down lately. It stops around 5 inches off the lowest point it should reach. It stops suddenly as if something solid (as an internal stopper) was preventing it from moving further.

Is this a simple matter of adjustment?

Thanks
beornide

Re: Workfit- S won't go all the way down

Postby beornide » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:41 pm

Just saw this other post viewtopic.php?f=10&t=249#p633 where dcjohnson is saying to give it a hard push down... worked for one inch but I had to stop because an object was preventing me from going further, removed the object but it won't go any further now no matter how hard I push down.... still got 4 inches to go...

Note that I can't push THAT hard because the unit is on a drawing table holding together with thumb nobs... wouldn't want to whole thing crashing down...

Any other idea beside removing the unit altogether from the drawing table and forcing down with my whole weight on it? (can't this break it?)

Thanks
beornide

Postby dcjohnson » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Can you have someone hold the drafting table while pushing it down. Hint - take a 5 or 6 inch run at it so it happens suddenly.
dcjohnson

Postby beornide » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Yes that worked. Had to give it 5-6 good swings with someone holding the table but we got it 'reset'

Thanks!
beornide

Postby bhoge5148 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:14 pm

I have a similar problem but my Workfit-S station won't go wall the way up. It also won't go all the way down. By pushing it all the way down to reset it will it fix both problems?
bhoge5148

Postby dcjohnson » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:24 am

Yes.
dcjohnson

Postby tfraser95 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am

The suggestion of putting some weight on it and force it down did work for me! Hooray!
tfraser95

Postby dmdavis » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:24 pm

I am having a similar problem with my Workfit-S. After it sat in the down position for a week plus while I was on vacation, I had difficulty getting it to move into the standing position. I did force it to move up, but now it will not go down. As a previous poster commented, it seems like something is preventing it from moving. We did un-bolt it from the worksurface to try and apply pressure to get it to move down, but there was no budging it.

Can you provide any other suggestions? Thanks so much!
dmdavis

Postby dcjohnson » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:03 am

Sounds like the E-brake might have engaged. Take off the top cap and adjust the 14mm or 9/16 in bolt all the way clockwise; "+" lift force direction. Then apply an upward jolt to the keyboard. If this doesn't do the trick give a call to Ergotron at 800-888-8458. Let us know how this went.
dcjohnson

Postby dmdavis » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:22 pm

Well, applying a "jolt" to the keyboard did not work. I took off the monitors and placed the workfit on the ground and was not able to get any movement up or down.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will be calling support.
dmdavis

Next

Return to Workstations