One of the two legs of my workfit-D doesn't lock

One of the two legs of my workfit-D doesn't lock

Postby nairod » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:00 am

Hi,

I read and tried what was suggested there but it didn't help in my case : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3767&p=6451&hilit=workfit+doesn%27t+lock#p6451

The left foot of the station always seems to lock properly but if I lean onto the right side of the desk or put weight on there, the right side just sinks in, cause the little metal latch doesn't engage properly.

Here's a picture of the metal piece inside the right leg, taken from above :

( http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/31237 ... 347101.jpg )
nairod

Re: One of the two legs of my workfit-D doesn't lock

Postby ErgoDave » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:11 pm

Hello nairod,

Different things could be contributing to the right brake engagement issue. Here are a few ideas.

1. The right and left lift adjustments should be similar to each other. If they are not one side may lock and the other side may be lifting if it is adjusted stronger or it may sink if adjusted weaker. This could affect the brake from engaging properly. You can do a visual inspection to see if the springs are adjusted similar to each other. Raise the worksurface close to the top and look through the slot openings on the left and right columns to compare the position of the white plastic at the end of the spring. Count the slot openings and make sure they are at similar heights.
2. The brake cable for your right brake mechanism may be too tight even when you are not squeezing the brake release handle. If this is the case it will not allow the brake to engage properly. This adjustment can be done where the cable connects to the handle.
3. Also inspect the right brake cable for a hard kink or bend that may not be allowing the cable to release and therefore not allowing the brake to engage.

You are also welcome to call our customer care/tech support group at 1-800-888-8458.

Kind regards,
David
ErgoDave
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Return to Workstations