A shelf for Wall Mounts?

A shelf for Wall Mounts?

Postby ErgoUser » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:55 am

It would be great if there were some sort of shelf that could be attached to the LX style wall mounts.
I've seen the shelf that is used for video conferencing equipment and such - but...

Scenario:
Each wall mounted PC is in a patient room within a hospital - when the nurse comes in to use the electronic health record (on the PC) and give medications, the medications must be scanned before given. To do this - the nurses need a place to put the Meds/IV bag, etc., while scanning them into the system. Having something on the wall mount that items could be placed on would be both convenient and increase work-flow.
Something that could be mounted between the keyboard and the monitor -
Something that could be mounted behind the monitor then come down to form a 3" or 4" shelf maybe?

Is there an accessory that works in this capacity? - I can't seem to find one that matches what I'm looking for... :?:
ErgoUser

Re: A shelf for Wall Mounts?

Postby steveA » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:13 am

As a matter of fact, we do have a shelf that can work in your application:
http://www.ergotron.com/Products/tabid/ ... fault.aspx

It's a little larger than you specify but it will work. If you are using an LX Wall Mount System, the shelf can attach to the system's Wall Track using a Track Mount bracket (97-091), or you can order any length of Wall Track (e.g. 31-016-182 or 31-018-182) separately and use it for the shelf. Alternatively, a Wall Plate (97-101-003) also works.

This isn't well publicized on the web site--we'll try to make this wall-mount option better known. Thanks for the input!
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Return to Accessories