Workfit-A HD - Dual Apple Cinema Displays

Will my display work with that?

Workfit-A HD - Dual Apple Cinema Displays

Postby leonroy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:30 am

I'm thinking of turning my regular desk into a standing desk. It's 32" high. The Workfit-A looks perfect and seems to be able to support a single 27" Apple Cinema Display.
For the second display however which monitor arm would Ergotron recommend? Is there one which matches the Workfit in size and spec?
leonroy

Re: Workfit-A HD - Dual Apple Cinema Displays

Postby leonroy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:58 am

crickets... ;)
leonroy

Postby steveA » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:19 pm

Sorry for the late reply--I was out of commission for the last week or so...

For your LED Cinema Display, I recommend that you get our new WorkFit-A for Apple--no VESA adapter needed because this WF model mounts the Apple display via the display's own base.

The regular WF-A isn't quite up to holding that display's weight along with KB, Mouse and other stuff. Its capacity is 20 lbs and that Cinema Display weighs 21.5 lbs. Moreover, your desktop at 32" high is maybe too high for optimum keyboard placement. The WorkFit for Apple includes a drop-down keyboard tray which allows the keyboard to be placed up to 4" lower than the desktop surface.

The only other alternative to our Apple WorkFit would be the WorkFit-S HD (part number 33-344-200, you also need a VESA adapter from Apple for the WF-S). That would be a very good solution too.

For your second display, please wait a couple weeks and you'll see us launch a solution that will work nicely!
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby leonroy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:44 am

Hi Steve, no problem.

Regarding the second display, you mention a future product - will that work fine if I order the Apple Workfit now?

Also, would the Workfit-A HD not be able to support the Apple Cinema Display? (Prefer using a VESA compatible Ergotron stand since I'm guessing the stand will last longer than the monitor :) )

thanks!
leonroy

Postby steveA » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:25 pm

I think the future product should work well. Its range of motion will allow you to move the second display to alongside the WF's display wherever you place it. It will be a separate arm, of course, so you wouldn't be able to re-position your workstation in a single move. That's the only drawback I see.

The standard WorkFit-A HD's weight capacity isn't quite high enough--we only rate it to hold 20-lbs monitors and that Apple display weighs more than that. Could it work? Maybe, but Ergotron won't guarantee it and I haven't heard any anecdotes claiming that it works. At present, the WorkFit-S HD (33-344-200 or 33-351-200) is the workstation with a VESA interface that's a good alternative (also lower price).
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby b00134n » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi Steve -- any update on the new product mentioned for adding a second 27 inch display? Related question: does Ergotron have any plans to release a Workfit that can accommodate dual 27" displays (Apple or otherwise)? Essentially the "WorkFit-A with Suspended Keyboard, Dual" (24-392-026), but with a 27" limit. Thanks in advance!
b00134n

Postby steveA » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:12 am

For the second display, our newly released LX Sit-Stand Desk Mount Arm is the best option: Either the standard version or the HD version will work with the 27" Cinema Display (you'll need Apple's VESA adapter too). With the LX, you'll be able to position the second screen alongside the primary screen attached to the WorkFit, or move it elsewhere wherever you like. Sorry to say, there is no plan at the moment to introduce a Dual WorkFit that accommodates 27" screens on the same crossbar--LX is the way to go.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby William008 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:49 am

I think one's destiny solution ought to work nicely. The mobility will help you go the 2nd screen to help with this WF's screen exactly where an individual stick it. Will probably be a separate equip, obviously, therefore you might not be able to re-position ones workstation in a go. Which is the simply negative aspect When i observe.The normal WorkFit-A HD's weight potential just isn't rather higher enough--we simply rate the item to keep 20-lbs computer monitors and this The apple company screen weighs in at more than that. Can the item perform? Maybe, although Ergotron will not likely guarantee the item and When i have not heard just about any anecdotes proclaiming that it performs. At the moment, this WorkFit-S HIGH-DEFINITION (33-344-200 as well as 33-351-200) would be the workstation that has a VESA program this is a very good choice (also cheaper price).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
yahya Noor
William008

Return to Display Compatibility