LX Desk Mount Arm + extension + Dell 2707WFP?

Will my display work with that?

LX Desk Mount Arm + extension + Dell 2707WFP?

Postby Burken » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:42 am

Hi

I wonder if it possible to mount a Dell 2707WFP monitor on the LX arm? (with added extension 45-244-026)
The weight and thickness of the screen are all on or just past the border of the specifications for the arm.

And if the weight/thickness is too much for the arm to handle (for the CF technology thing), is possible to manually tighten it so it can still hold the screen but with limited positioning?
Because personally all i really want is a long reach arm that folds and moves completely out of the way of my desk. And so far the other products doesn't come close to offer that possibility.
So being able to on the fly move it up/down, tilt it etc. etc. isn't necessary as long as i can set it to a position i like once, and then being able to swing it out of the way on the jointed solid arms.

Here is a crude image of the kind of setup i'm looking for. It's not according to scale...

I would like to mount it on the right side of the desk, and then being able to swing the screen out to the right over the edge of the desk.

If it's impossible with the LX arm, is there another solution/product that would work?

Best Regards
Burken

Re: LX Desk Mount Arm + extension + Dell 2707WFP?

Postby dcjohnson » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:33 pm

this is possible but ... because the spec's are exceeded so you will not get the 5 year life; warranty VOID.

we tried a 27" Dell in testing and some parts failed early.
dcjohnson

Postby Burken » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Can you specify a bit more what "failed early" means? :)

Is that as in they got a bit worn out and required some good old fashioned elbow grease to fix.
Or as in something completely broke and made the entire rigg useless?
Burken

Postby dcjohnson » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:01 pm

some of both; worn out and broken parts. I don't have the specific's other than it was a life cycle issue.
dcjohnson

Postby Oshynnewe » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:19 am

Burken wrote:Hi

I wonder if it possible to mount a Dell 2707WFP monitor on the LX arm? (with added extension 45-244-026)
The weight and thickness of the screen are all on or just past the border of the specifications for the arm.

And if the weight/thickness is too much for the arm to handle (for the CF technology thing), is possible to manually tighten it so it can still hold the screen but with limited positioning?
Because personally all i really want is a long reach arm that folds and moves completely out of the way of my desk. And so far the other products doesn't come close to offer that possibility.
So being able to on the fly move it up/down, tilt it etc. etc. isn't necessary as long as i can set it to a position i like once, and then being able to swing it out of the way on the jointed solid arms.

Here is a crude image of the kind of setup i'm looking for. It's not according to scale...

I would like to mount it on the right side of the desk, and then being able to swing the screen out to the right over the edge of the desk.

If it's impossible with the LX arm, is there another solution/product that would work?

Best Regards

yeah! its possible. why dont you try it but there will be some possible failures might happen. but i hope it would be okay for the specs.
Oshynnewe

Return to Display Compatibility