Light LED Dislplay

Will my display work with that?

Light LED Dislplay

Postby slumpack » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Hello there, I'm using Ergotron LX dual stacking arm the older version with Black Pole and upside down "V" shape base.

SO I recently purchased 2 LED Screen 22 inch (viewsonic VX2250WM-LED), the screen is very light and now my screen is tilting up, I tried pushing it down but it bounce back up, there is not enough resistance from screen.

Anything i can do to fix this ? I tried tightening the screws but not working.

please help.

Thank You
slumpack

Re: Light LED Dislplay

Postby steveA » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:17 pm

Those displays should work fine; they weigh 7.1 lbs each and the minimum for that arm is 5 to 7 lbs (depending on how old your arm is). You may just need to loosen the tension of the spring pivot. Check page 14 of this manual: http://www.ergotron.com/Portals/0/tp/M/ ... 5-040M.pdf. You should find a Phillips screw on the bottom of the pivot (on newer models it is an Allen screw). To loosen it, turn counter-clockwise until you reach the desired tension for the tilt mechanism. It may require many turns.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby slumpack » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:19 am

Hi, SteveA, I actually did turn it all the way, I don't think i can turn it counter clockwise anymore. ANy other suggestion ?

Thank You
slumpack

Postby steveA » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:36 am

For the sake of making sure, you are describing the tilt/angle of the screen and not the height of the screen, right? Meaning, the arm is not auto-rising, rather the screen simply wants to face upwards, yes?

Please try the following: remove the monitor from the arm so there is no tension on the spring. Next, try turning the adjustment screw again and see if you can loosen it further.

If that does not fix it, we can try a couple other things: if you were to add a Quick-Release Bracket, that would add weight and depth (and resistance), or if you do not want to purchase anything, we might try disengaging a spring. But before we explore other options, please try the step described in paragraph two and get back to me.

Thanks.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby Taty82 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:57 am

slumpack wrote:Hello there, I'm using Ergotron LX dual stacking arm the older version with Black Pole and upside down "V" shape base.

SO I recently purchased phenq 2 LED Screen 22 inch (viewsonic VX2250WM-LED), the screen is very light and now my screen is tilting up, I tried pushing it down but it bounce back up, there is not enough resistance from screen.

Anything i can do to fix this ? I tried tightening the screws but not working.

please help.

Thank You

maybe try purchasing the holder, which is supported by Ergotron LX dual stacking arm
Taty82

Return to Display Compatibility