Cintiq 22hd

Will my display work with that?

Cintiq 22hd

Postby Mads_Normann » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:06 pm

Hello, Im considering getting an arm to improve my workspace and avoid getting back pain, and i've seen alot of reviews of how nice the arm fits with the cintiq 21 UX.

However some people say that the same goes for the Cintiq 22 hd, but i am i doubt since the 22 hd have the cables come out the back where the arm looks like its attaching ont the pictures ive seen of the 21UX.

Can you help me weither this will work with my cintiq 22 hd or not?
Thanks in advance!
Mads_Normann

Re: Cintiq 22hd

Postby steveA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:44 am

Yes, the 22HD will work with an LX monitor arm: it's weight is just under the maximum allowed for the LX and it includes a 100x100mm VESA hole pattern. In the Cintiq User's Manual, on page 91 it describes how to attach an alternate mount: basically you remove the Cintiq's pedestal stand and then relocate the cables exiting from back of the display. It looks like there is a cable channel that can be used to route cords below the VESA attachment interface. Next, attach the LX with fasteners from display.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby Orangecoffeemug » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Hey,
I want to get a ergotron arm for my cintiq 22hd. I was worried that the lx arm would not work with it. Glad to see it does. Do you happen to know if the lx arm extension will also work? I noticed that it said it drops the weight down to 18 pounds. Id hate for my cintiq to fall on the floor.
Orangecoffeemug

Postby steveA » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:46 pm

The decrease to 18 lbs would only occur if you added a second extension to the arm as an accessory. With the standard configuration (which includes a single extension along with the height-adjustable arm), the maximum capacity remains at 20 lbs. So no worries--nothing will fall. Sorry for the confusion.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby ThreeDprof » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:15 pm

I am using the Ergotron MX with the cintiq 22HD. It's a dream! Holds solidly, even in a standing drawing position. I was concerned that i would have a problem with the cables coming from the center but there is a cable channel that gets exposed when you remove the mount bearing from the Cintiq. The only issue I had is when you ditch the Cintiq stand for the arm you go from full 360 rotational freedom to 90 degrees, in one direction. I remedied this by simply bending the Stop tab flush with the mounting plate (with a good old hammer). Now I get 180 degree rotation in both directions (all you need)

IMG_2184.JPG
IMG_2183.JPG
IMG_2179.JPG

Anyone know where I can get a replacement thumbscew?
ThreeDprof

Postby TooSlow2Care » Wed May 29, 2013 4:40 pm

If you know the thread size and length you can order thumb screw from McMaster Carr Industrial Supply.

If you don't know the thread size and length, take a known thumbscrew, or bolt that fits to your local hardware store and they should have some plastic plates with various threaded studs and holes to test fitment. this will tell you the thread size and pitch. then you can order the correct replacement part from McMaster.

mcmaster.com

cheers,
Brian
TooSlow2Care

Postby steveA » Thu May 30, 2013 7:36 am

@ThreeDprof--sorry I missed your question back in Feb. Replacement thumb screws can be ordered by calling our Customer Care at 800-888-8458. Or like TooSlow2Care said, you can get them from many supply companies. Screw specs = m4 x 10mm.

PS: Great pictures, thanks for posting.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby whoaaaa » Tue May 06, 2014 11:08 pm

hey guys, I know this is an old thread, well let me liven up things for once.
:D

I'm planning to buy an ergotron arm for my cintiq 22Hd, and through my research from youtube and some community forum, I found out that there's a problem when we use ergotrom arm and put the cintiq on our lap.
it's wobbling.
my question: how do you guys handle the wobble of the cintiq, assuming it'll make us harder to get a good quality of line when doing 2D animation?

Thanks guys!
whoaaaa

Return to Display Compatibility