WorkFit S - height lock suggestion

For new ideas or enhancements to existing products.

WorkFit S - height lock suggestion

Postby khacmac » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:04 am

I love my WorkFit. I have more energy EVERY day and my hip pain is no longer an issue.

But I wish there was a way to lock the workstation at a certain height.
I have the large work surface and use it for papers which I am often writing on. It doesn't take much pressure to start the workstation lowering.
I am using a paper towel roll to stabilize it at the right height when I am working on the surface for any length of time but a quick release lever to 'lock' position sure would be appreciated.

Thank you for the WorkFit-S.
khacmac

Re: WorkFit S - height lock suggestion

Postby steveA » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:15 am

Would it help if you further tightened the height-adjustment bolt on the top of the column? It's a fine line between over tightened and too loose, but maybe there is some room to tweak the tension to get the functionality you want.

Thanks for the suggestion of a lock. We have a handle-activated lock incorporated into some of our sit-stand products (e.g., WorkFit-D). I'll forward your feedback to the product manager so one can be considered for future WF-S products.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby GailW » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Same for WorkFit - A! Mine slowly goes down and is propped up with a portable laptop tray.
GailW

Postby steveA » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:54 am

GailW,
Irrespective of a lock, when you say it goes down slowly, that suggests to me that the height-adjustment mechanism of your WF-A needs to be tightened. During installation, the arm can be fine-tuned to hold the specific weight of your equipment--the factory default often isn't correct. See pages 7 and 8 of the the User Manual for details.
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby Davitarx » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:34 am

Yes!!! Please ad a height adjustment lock for the stand as well as the monitors. If I put any weight on the keyboard it drops, also the monitors will not stay at the top adjustment. I am 6’5 and the monitors are a bit short. Our company buys these regularly and I hear this same complaint for many of our 65K employees. Please add this to the next Gen and create a retrofit for the older models.

Other suggestions would be more room for the mouse and a option to mount a phone so you can make calls sitting or standing.

Thanks
Joe Price
Davitarx

Postby ploryan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:10 am

I am having this same issue. I love the idea but am frustrated with this. I cannot even put the slightest hand weight on my keyboard and the arm pushes down.
Is there any solution?
Thanks, Pat
ploryan

Return to Ideas and Feedback