LARGER TRIPL MONITOR STAND

For new ideas or enhancements to existing products.

LARGER TRIPL MONITOR STAND

Postby neo52353 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:45 pm

PLEASE DEVELOP THIS (YOU WILL BE THE ONLY ONE AND GIVE GAMERS WHAT THEY NEED)

The DS100 is a great mount. However ergo tron needs to go one step further and supply the gamer community with the mount many need. With the development of EYEFINITY, a new age graphics card that is supporting up to 6 monitors on one GPU and game resolutions spanning 3840 x 1024 and higher for those with more then 3 monitors we need a triple monitor mount that will hold larger monitors. I know you have triple monitor mounts already but a new monitor mount should be made and include the following

Monitor size (support up to 32 inch monitors) top monitor sizes will accommodate led tv's that weigh a max of 21 lbs (since leds are not heavy). however common monitors used by gamers include a 28' Hanns-G which weighs in at 26 lbs depending on the model can be as low as 24)

all monitors should have tilt control and slide (left and right) capability on the mounting bar much like the DS100 to accommodate different size monitors. TILT IS A MUST (a common complaint on forums for the DS100)

Height control for all three monitors (WHILE ATTACHED) I.E. the main mounting bar should be adjustable up and down on the mount itself to give the view the right view height.

VERY IMPORTANT: PIVOT CONTROL for the lateral monitors. So the user can shift the degree of the outside monitors in our out creating a custom fitting view to accommodate games or his desk. this can be done easy by adding hinges on the main mounting bar and making the mounting bar long enough to incorporate enough slide room (for the monitor to slide left and right and be secured) on the main mounting bar to make sure the monitors still touch each other when the viewing angle is selected by the user.

VERY IMPORTANT: CUSTOMIZING.....we should have the ability to customize this mount into a pyramid mount by purchasing the LX Desk Mount LCD Arm and simple have part of the desk mount accommodate the base of the arm for a 4th monitor. (simply put an extended bar you could place the bottom of the LX model on and use) ALSO to have the ability to have the same setup and carry 6 monitors of this size for the real enthusiast. IE a larger desk mount and another mounting bar for purchase.

MOUNT ABILITY: this should come with or have the ability to purchase a desk clamping mount and or the rod style through desk mount type for those who wish to actually mount this into their desk.

ERGO TRON: you already dominate the market but with the introduction of eyefinity technology anyone who builds computers are changing and need custom options. This is a huge community and if built right you would have a larger customer base and gamers would be buying multiple mounts. Look at youtube videos of EYEFINITY and TRIPLY MONITOR SET UPS. these people need these options. Please feel free to contact me I will be more then willing to help anyone design this for absolutely nothing in return. Monitors are getting bigger and in the future border less monitors will follow this multi-monitor technology and then everyone will want these types of mounts.

This will only require modifications to the existing DS100 triple monitor mount. please feel free to contact me at john.ocheltree@gmail.com I have already spoke with customer service about getting in touch with someone for this with no feedback. I will be your first customer and would even support the product by making youtube videos for it to announce to gamers the WAIT IS OVER!
neo52353

Re: LARGER TRIPL MONITOR STAND

Postby neo52353 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:52 am

Ergo has informed me that this isn't feasible due to demand. Unfortunate but ergo is still a great company. Ergo should advertise a mount builders contest.
neo52353

Postby ErgoMichelle » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:11 am

Was wondering, do you know Ibrin, WSGF Founder (Widescreengamingforum.com)? He has done some interesting mods based on a few Ergotron products. Here's a link to one of them: http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,701794/Ergotron-Neo-Flex-HD-und-DS100-Triple-Monitor-Stand-review-at-WSGF/News/
Director, Global Communications
ErgoMichelle
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby neo52353 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:21 am

Ive seen this mod. My mod will incorporate this into my desk. His is unique to his room with the wal space. I will be picking up the monitors near black Friday and will start the mount build. This will not be done until next year. I have also decided to incorporate usb plugs, cable management and my sound system into the mount as well. This will be a huge project but I will be using ergo parts from a vendor. This will take some time but I will post it here when its done. If i had that much cash it would be done tomorrow lol. see you when its finished.
neo52353

Postby neo52353 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:31 am

http://www.desktopped.com/

Here is a website for enthusiasts like myself. I will build a monitor mount and then my desk which the computer will be in the desk. it will take some time but soon but no detail will go untouched.
neo52353

Postby steveA » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:38 am

These are great ideas and some of your criticisms of the DS100 are undeniably valid. However, please check out options that are currently available for the DS100. In fact DS100 is very customizable: a pyramid configuration can be easily designed, and a "rod style"--aka "grommet mount"--attach option is also available.

See this link on our web site, which shows both standard system configurations and also options to expand and customize:
http://www.ergotron.com/tabid/65/default.aspx?FID=62

There are a few more DS100 accessory options that aren't listed on our web site. You can see them by accessing our Order Guide:
http://www.ergotron.com/Portals/0/liter ... 03-005.pdf (DS100 is addressed on pages 4 through 6)

If you need more assistance with a specific custom configuration, just reply here or contact Ergotron's customer service. Thanks for the feedback!
steveA
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby ErgoMichelle » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:41 pm

neo52353 wrote:Ive seen this mod. My mod will incorporate this into my desk. This will take some time but I will post it here when its done. If i had that much cash it would be done tomorrow lol. see you when its finished.
:D You aren't kidding. I have a feeling it's going to pretty cool when you do get the cash. Good luck and yes, would luv to see it.
Director, Global Communications
ErgoMichelle
Ergotron Employee
Ergotron Employee

Postby DragonFireSG » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:30 pm

Thought you might like to know I managed to jerry rig a DS100 to support 3x 27" monitors. It will support 30" monitors by the looks of it, and is rock stable.

Base unit I used was the DS100 quad with the 55" crossbar. The two bases are necessary for load distribution.

Added to that was a long extender kit (I would have done better going with the short extender kit as the outer monitor clamp points are practically touching the edge of the "dead zone" created by the mounting of the extra extension bars. This is an issue for mounting 27" screens. It is a non issue for 30" screens.

What I have (D = dead zone):

long extension L2 --D-- long extension L1 --D-- basic DS100 crossbar --D-- long extension R1 --D-- long extension R2

I would have preferred:

long extension L1 --D-- short extension L1 --D-- basic DS100 crossbar --D-- short extension R1 --D-- long extension R2

==

I spaced the bases pretty far apart to fit the CG of the mounted monitors, and also added a set of quick release VESA mounts to make maintenance and adjustment easier.

The extra extension bar kit conveniently includes the center mount you need for a big triple monitor set up.

===

Modifications

- Large washers for the knobs - all of em. The plastic wears quite a bit; Washers prevent that. These are also required for the mounting of the additional extension bars for spacing purposes (between knob and the bars)
- 10mm bolts to lockdown the rotating function of the VESA mounts. This makes adjustment easier. (Ergotron should consider putting a lockdown screw. Some folk don't need the rotation feature. It can be an irritation with multiple monitors.
- An assortment of M4 machine screws and locknuts to adjust monitor angles. These were used with the quick release VESA mount baseplate.

I am doing a photo log of the mod and will put a link to that when it is ready. Unlike the regular triple display DS100, this setup is perfectly stable even with one monitor mounted on a corner.

Here is an rather crappy photo taken before fine adjustments.

I am using extended height mounting bars as this is set up for a standing workstation. The "little" display in the center is a 24" screen ;)

DF
DragonFireSG

Postby TechProgression » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:58 pm

DragonFireSG wrote:Thought you might like to know I managed to jerry rig a DS100 to support 3x 27" monitors. It will support 30" monitors by the looks of it, and is rock stable.

Base unit I used was the DS100 quad with the 55" crossbar. The two bases are necessary for load distribution.

Added to that was a long extender kit (I would have done better going with the short extender kit as the outer monitor clamp points are practically touching the edge of the "dead zone" created by the mounting of the extra extension bars. This is an issue for mounting 27" screens. It is a non issue for 30" screens.

What I have (D = dead zone):

long extension L2 --D-- long extension L1 --D-- basic DS100 crossbar --D-- long extension R1 --D-- long extension R2

I would have preferred:

long extension L1 --D-- short extension L1 --D-- basic DS100 crossbar --D-- short extension R1 --D-- long extension R2

==

I spaced the bases pretty far apart to fit the CG of the mounted monitors, and also added a set of quick release VESA mounts to make maintenance and adjustment easier.

The extra extension bar kit conveniently includes the center mount you need for a big triple monitor set up.

===

Modifications

- Large washers for the knobs - all of em. The plastic wears quite a bit; Washers prevent that. These are also required for the mounting of the additional extension bars for spacing purposes (between knob and the bars)
- 10mm bolts to lockdown the rotating function of the VESA mounts. This makes adjustment easier. (Ergotron should consider putting a lockdown screw. Some folk don't need the rotation feature. It can be an irritation with multiple monitors.
- An assortment of M4 machine screws and locknuts to adjust monitor angles. These were used with the quick release VESA mount baseplate.

I am doing a photo log of the mod and will put a link to that when it is ready. Unlike the regular triple display DS100, this setup is perfectly stable even with one monitor mounted on a corner.

Here is an rather crappy photo taken before fine adjustments.

I am using extended height mounting bars as this is set up for a standing workstation. The "little" display in the center is a 24" screen ;)

DF

Dude, that's an AWESOME rig you set up! VERY COOL! I'm a complete and utter newbie when it comes to rigging anything together. Perhaps you can PM me? I could use some help! If you guys can't help me, maybe I can find some Dallas contractors who are computer savvy and can assist me with my computer related needs. Have you folks used a contractor before?

BTW, I apologize in advice for the somewhat late response. You can thank StumbleUpon for that. I can't wait to meet you all. Peace :)
Evolution ROCKS! :D
TechProgression

Return to Ideas and Feedback