Comparison of laptop computer battery lifestyle

How it works or how to do it easier and faster.

Re: Comparison of laptop computer battery lifestyle

Postby pfeiffer » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi,

To make the maximum usage of your laptop's battery you must turn off everything you don't really need at the moment.

Such as:

Bluethooth
WLAN
Webcam (if it can be turned off)
Turn off sound
Set the backlight of your screen to low (not easy in sunlight so only when possible)

And check out the power settings in the control center if you use Windows.

Cheers,

Michael Pfeiffer
pfeiffer

Postby Christina » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Based on my own experience, laptop batteries are just like any other batteries but maybe more technically advanced compared to the rest. Many factors have to be considered for a laptop battery to last long. First thing in mind has something to do with putting up a real fitted power settings of your laptop. Since there are some laptops, say, Asus brands that have energy saving power settings embedded with its battery package. Second thing in mind must have something to do with running your laptop not with those heavy resource eating programs or activities, say, movies downloadable in 2 or more hours. Third thing in mind is that, always give some ample time to monitor your used brightness settings. Turn it down as far as you can still stand it, like if its daytime that lightness is not much needed for you to set up your laptop. Fourth thing in mind is that of taking note of your laptop battery ages. More or less, laptops with battery ages more than 2 years seem to perform not good as the first year. And last thing that you should have in mind is that of types of battery used. It could either be a lithium-ion battery or a nickel-based battery. The difference normally lies to its discharge preference. The former doesn't like full discharges while the latter always liked being discharged and then charged fully thereafter. And for more information regarding this types, you can always ask your trusted technicians for that matter.

Always have in mind that longer battery life depends on the way we take good care of it present all the precautionary measures I've taught you.
"Sometimes you just need to bowl"
Christina

Postby mariacoleman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:13 pm

OK here's my question: the 'male' connector on the back of my Gateway is losing contact with the motherboard, meaning that when I plug in my cable, it's not charging correctly. I can wiggle it around and it'll work for a bit, but if I move around too much, it loses the connection. Is it worth having that pin re-soldered or is there a docking station/battery option for charging? I can't afford a new laptop right now.
mariacoleman

Postby Cale75 » Sat May 28, 2016 5:53 am

thank you for great imfotmation.
slot
Last edited by Cale75 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cale75

Postby Gigglybior » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:14 pm

pfeiffer wrote:Hi,

To make the maximum usage of your laptop's battery you must turn off everything you don't really need at the moment.

Such as:

Bluethooth
WLAN
Webcam (if it can be turned off)
Turn off sound
Set the backlight of your screen to low (not easy in sunlight so only when possible)

And check out the power settings in the control center if you use Windows.

Cheers,

Michael Pfeiffer

I never know about this one - Set the backlight of your screen to low (not easy in sunlight so only when possible. I just done it now. Thanks for these tips:)
Gigglybior

Return to Tips and Tricks